• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noob ? about dana 30 locker

If it is a "lunchbox" locker it will very significantly enhance your off road capability while not having any effect on your road driving except for being a little noisy while turning sharply.

My dad runs a quick lock (Lock Right Trac-Loc) and it is great. You won't even notice it untill the Jeep is in 4WD. Then you will notice the big difference it makes. It is almost like night and day. It will climb things that you never could without them. I dont even think the front one makes much noise. If you have one in the rear (and he does) it makes a clicking noise while turning. It is a normal noise that you get used too pretty quickly.

Too bad you don't live in Georgia, because I have a Dana 35 rear with quick locks that I am trying to sell.

Just remember that it puts more stress on your axles and u-joints while off-road and you have a better chance of snapping an axle. If you can... replace the u-joints with some good ones.

lowrange2 said:
What's a quick loc?
Its a lunch box locker made by Genuine Gear,OH MY!

Back