• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engaging/adjusting OX locker

XJshitbrown said:
having trouble engaring ox locker, just intalled its used, it will go in sometimes but not most of the time.
any suggestions?????????

:rattle:

What shifter style are you useing? Old or new style?
Basically, you want to shift the lever into the locked position, then verify that it's locked by driving a short distance while turning left to right.
Then adjust the the barrel adjuster on the shifter to the right(front application) or left(rear application) as far as it will go. Once the barrel adjuster tightens up you know you have pressure on the cable in the locked position and it should work just fine after that.

i asked myself that multiple times, it was a pain in the butt. with a little help fron a razorblade and some wd-40 i snaked if right under my quick disks bracket then tucked it up right by the steering box (make sure you steer left and right and make sure its up outta the way) then inbetween the intake and header i used metal wire / hose clamp to attach on another metal line that rn underneath the intake manifold. then getting it through the firewall was a whole nother story! i cut a piece of the rubber out so it could acctually semi fit, then spraayed it with w/d 40 for some lubrication. i had my father pull it from underneath the driver side interior once it peaked, then constant fiddling and pulling and twisting it came through, it took me 2 time to get it perfect.

*** i wrapped the cable with 5/8 heater hose to ensure that the heat and vibration or rubbing wouldnt affect it, and keep it out of harms way!

SUA SPONTE said:
i just installed mine as well, although im not much help because i havnt run the cable up to the actuator yet. it seems a little short to me, how did you route it? i wish ox would have designed the cable to come off the port side of the diff, that would keep it out of the way of the exhaust. maybe this will help:
http://www.ox-usa.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=8CutR5qzusI%3d&tabid=436&mid=813

im pretty sure it the old one, but its in great shape!

Jes said:
What shifter style are you useing? Old or new style?
Basically, you want to shift the lever into the locked position, then verify that it's locked by driving a short distance while turning left to right.
Then adjust the the barrel adjuster on the shifter to the right(front application) or left(rear application) as far as it will go. Once the barrel adjuster tightens up you know you have pressure on the cable in the locked position and it should work just fine after that.

do you have the manual that came with it. Make sure the diff cover is all lined up as shown in the diagrams. Also the shifter cable has to be adjusted to 5/16 i think? not sure. If you want me to i can check. My brother had problems with his not shifting right. We adjusted them to spec and they worked perfectly

ya that would be great if you could look them up, im going to try and call ox tomorrow to see it i can get an ox manual, it should be good to have, mabey even the new cable if it comes down to it, i hope not though.

xalexjx said:
do you have the manual that came with it. Make sure the diff cover is all lined up as shown in the diagrams. Also the shifter cable has to be adjusted to 5/16 i think? not sure. If you want me to i can check. My brother had problems with his not shifting right. We adjusted them to spec and they worked perfectly

Back