• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think i totalled my Jeep, how much $ can I expect

braeden

NAXJA Forum User
Icy road, gratuitous use of the gas pedal, concrete pillar, etc etc.

I have comprehensive/collision ins through Geico, $500 deductable. I assume its totalled, radiator spewed everywhere, hood way out of place, bumper folded in half, airbag deployed.

Its a 96 2-door with 105,000M. Body was in good shape, thing ran great, had a 4.5" lift, 32" tires, SYE. Bought it for $6500 plus probably $2000 for the lift. What can I expect from geico if they do total it.

if you buy it back and don't want the lift and yse i might buy them for reasonable price. i am in the springs.
not sure what your truck is worth, sorry to hear it got wrecked.

KBB ballpark Private Party value is $3300.

Good luck! I would start trying to find comparable vehicles for sale (NAXJA classifieds, Autotrader, etc) to prove the value with the aftermarket stuff. They're going to give you a price based on a bone stock XJ.

Pics are forthcoming, I will visit the lot they towed it to tonight. I was thinking about just buying a slightly newer XJ and swapping all the parts, will a RE lift kit for a 96 fit the newer body style? I have a Woods DS in there as well.

Where is it at now? If it is at your house pull everything off it that you can!!! They will only give you the blue book value for it which seems to be about $5000 for your XJ. They will try to rip you off anyway that they can. They might even say that the accident was due to your modifications and deny any claim that you make. Aren't insurance companies great

My wife totalled my 98' last April. She hit a concrete barrier after the steering shaft knuckle broke due to a minor collision initially. With no steering she lost control and the the barrier caused all the damage you can see. The only difference is that I only paid 4800 for it 6 months prior to that with 98K

Insurance valued it at $6800, I bought it back for $500 and rebuilt it...

IMG_0929.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

I just went through this with my 92 Laredo. They gave me $2300 and the jeep. I'm fixing it. I spent $66 at the u-pull it for parts. I just need a RF fender now. As long as they frame rails are not bent you can usually fix it.

98XJROKS said:
My wife totalled my 98' last April. She hit a concrete barrier after the steering shaft knuckle broke due to a minor collision initially. With no steering she lost control and the the barrier caused all the damage you can see. The only difference is that I only paid 4800 for it 6 months prior to that with 98K

Insurance valued it at $6800, I bought it back for $500 and rebuilt it...

Not bad. I'll bet you pocketed a fair amount of money!

ehall said:
If you didn't register your mods with them and pay additional premiums for the additional coverage they will only give you relative blue book

Mine gave me credit for the mods, but it was pennies on the dollar. All of my value came from book value, condition and the local comparables.

BillBraski said:
Not bad. I'll bet you pocketed a fair amount of money!
\

Not bad, I'm into $2000.

The largest single expense was having the frame pulled straight and that was $400. They pulled everything back to factory specs.

I had to replace the whole driver rail all the way back to the floor.

Before:
665163_24_full.jpg

After:
665163_39_full.jpg

665163_40_full.jpg

665163_41_full.jpg

665163_42_full.jpg

I'll probably start a new thread to ask, but if I can buy it back for less than $500-700, is it worth it? If people on here wanted to pick up a cheap lift, 50% wear tires, perfectly good engine, etc, maybe I can recoup that cost a bit.

Sorry about your jeep. I would be interested in the lift and shocks. I would have to have them shipped to AK though. Would be interested in the ski rack also. Let me know.

Pretty sure the "frame" is tweaked. It curls in where the bumper attached. I have a sales job that means lots of driving, so I was due to move on to a little gas sipper anyway.

Back