• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cheap lift?

Mattitude

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have read the newb warning and I have looked around for prior threads, but i havent found any yet. so here goes. I hjave a 95 XJ Country and I would like to run 31-10.50s maybe 33s with trimming. My friend told me to go guy grand cherokee coils for the front and s10 leafs for the back. while helpfull this info is somewhat vague. What year grand cherokee? im guessing get them from the l-6 version because it would likely have a similar spring rate. ? Ive read that it is good for 2 inches. What year and model s-10? I spose I could grab a tape measure and note pad and drive to my junkyard.. but im sure someone out there has some info on what to look for and what to avoid. also how much lift can you run before needing to use a drop pitman arm? Any input at all would be appreciated.:wierd:

As far as the coils and leafs go, I'm not even going to bother telling you to search, you already said you are. :)

For the drop pitman arm, you don't use them because of your height, only to adjust the trackbar vs draglink angle.

I run about 7" of lift and don't use one. Goatman uses one with about 2" *LESS* than factory drop on his (sorta) xj.

Back