• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission line hose and fittings

Any NAPA or other reputable parts store should be able to get you the part number. Go in and descibe exactly where it's located, they can probably pull up online diagrams that show the configuration of the line so you can see it and match the length and bends to yours.

Not sure if a '91 is different than a '95 in this regard, but my tranny lines have the conical ends with the plastic inserts in them. You push in the two tabs on the plastic insert and the line pulls straight off. There's probably a tool for it, I just used two small standard screwdrivers, one on each tab, pushed in and tugged the line while holding one driver in with my pinky finger.

fuel a/c line quick disconnect tools....
372967d.jpg

theyre actually quite cool to use, and worth the $5 at autozone for the set.... these are also used on the fuel rail, so theyre worth having... THAT IS, unless your tranny cooler lines have been circumsized by past owners of the car.... i didnt even know these had fittings untill i saw one at the junkyard, mine just had hose clamps (maybe that explains why the tranny lines have come off in the past... leaving me stuck

sinse your going the new, oem route... wanna let us know what it ends up costing? and are you planning on replacing the rubber lines as well?

I've tried both ways to fix and the rubber hose with clamps is definately the way to go. Those OE fittings always seem to leak. The rubber hose/clamps are alot cheaper too.

yeah im gonna replace the hole hose too , i let you know wat it costs shouldn't be that much my buddy gets all parts at stock price. and thanks bro the hose clamp idea seems alot better

Back