• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubber floor liner?

Yes, the police package came with that. Pretty sure some of the forest service XJ's had it too. Don't know where/if you can get replacements. JIM.

You are looking for molded vinyl, not rubber. I looked into this but since my rear hatch/shark fins leak water a little, it would get the heat shielding/noise dampening material under the vinyl cover wet just like carpet. Thus smelling wonderful after a while, just like my old carpet thats now in the trash can. Here is a website i googled using "jeep vinyl floor cover".

http://www.auto-interior.com/jeep1.htm

Thats the route I took but it makes it very noisy on mud terrains and the exhaust makes it warmer than normal inside due to the lack of heat shielding.

Although i can take a water hose to it and clean the mud out after wheeling trips now. And you can always hide the noise with louder speakers.

I am going to herculine the floor but also put the vinyl covering down (after removing the foam padding). The layer of air between them should provide adequate insulation, water will be able to seep out without damaging anything, and I'll still be able to hose it down.

ehall said:
post some pics Lumpy

02012008307.jpg

ehall said:
Is that the black or the grey?

Does it go up to the rear seat stand like normal?

Thanks
It's all black. Sorry for the bad pic...it's a camera phone and l was in a rush. It goes all the way to the back seat like the factory carpet (up to under rear bench storage). l have too much junk in there to move and the rear seats folded down and couldn't get a pic. It LOOKS alot better than the pic. It also reguires alot of trimming.

Back