• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wired up cooling fan

Combatcm

NAXJA Forum User
I just wired up a new set of fogs and while I was at it installed a manual switch to the cooling fan. I used a 25 amp fuse with it and all I did was tap a positive line off a relay into the positive line going into the fan.

I tested it out for a few seconds to make sure it worked. I was just playing safe with the 25 amp fuse

Nothing wrong with the setup? It wont confict with the stock automatic control?

Maybe im confused but it sounds like if you turn on the fan via your switch and then the jeeps computer turns on the fan for some reason (A/C or overheating). Then your fan would see 24 volts. Which would be bad im guessing.

Maybe try fooling the sense wire on the original relay with the switch instead.

do what he said! ^

Your setup should work, on a 12volt system it's pretty close to impossible to come up with 24volts unless you're running dual batteries and you managed to hook the fan up to the alternant battery and the jeep runs it off the main battery. I ran a wire from my cig lighter to a switch, to the relay trip... works like a charm. No more fuses and like three feet of wire and switch i had, and thirty minutes to take the dash off and put it back on.

Back