• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep XJ rear fiberglass fenders

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if 6" bulge fiberglass rear bedsides from an mj will work on a cherokee??? I can get the pair of them for 100 bucks. What ya think,???

And also does anyone have pics of a cherokee 4 door with rear fiberglass fenders, I would like to see how it will look, hoping it will go along great with my front fiberglass.

It will definetly be the only one around my area like it :)

trippled said:
you can only but rear fiberglass fenders on a 2 door cherokee i believe.
how? As it was said XJ is a unibody which means the fender is part of structure/side panel. Only way I can see you being able to do it is cut the rear side panel and tie it back into the structure before a fiberglass fender could be added.

Kejtar said:
how? As it was said XJ is a unibody which means the fender is part of structure/side panel. Only way I can see you being able to do it is cut the rear side panel and tie it back into the structure before a fiberglass fender could be added.

He may be referring to the "full side" fiberglass fenders that Jeepspeed or other Baja type rigs use. The ones I've seen pretty much mount just past the door edge, all the way back to the tailgate. They look sort of like a "dually" type of rear fender. They mount on top of the exisiting body, and you just have to cut away from the wheel well to get your desired clearance.

If you use this type fiberglass fender on a 4 dooor, you'll wind up cover up the rear door.....

Ivan hit it right on the money. I was expecting to actually cut the fenders and make them 2 pieces, so my back doors will still be able to open. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it, I think it will be really cool. Ill post up some pics when I get it done..thanks for all your help guys..

the wheel well openings on those will be a lot larger than yours, so you'll probably have some steel hanging down below where the fiberglass fenders attach.
I think it could be made to look decent, but you're probably going to have to do some sheetmetal work to the wheel well openings and some glass work to the fenders.

Ok I have considered it all. I figured that if they dont work I can always resell them or trade for a set of jeep xj glass. Do you guys think that 125 for a set is a good deal???

not a good deal buy them for $50 and sell them to me for $75... :)

it has been done and my suggestion would be to just cut on the door line and forget the handle on the outside and eliminate it and when u wanna open it just open it from the inside...

Back