• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Think this mopar headunit could work?

IROCthe4.0

NAXJA Forum User
Last week I rented a new 08 Seabring when i went to FL. It had a pretty nice lookin factory head in it. Im anal when it comes to these heads cause I hate the stupid lookin filler you need when a smaller aftermarket one is installed. Anyway I found the head on ebay but Im wondering if you think itll work with the stock plug? I doubt it but you never know. I dont mid if the sirius doesnt work, I have a stand alone for that. Any insight would b helpful. By the way I have a 99 XJ
Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...016QQitemZ260206684762QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Anything is workable. Just make sure you have the plugs with wires in them for color coding and Id'ing what they do. I used to do stereos for a time, anything can be done.

I don't know how "deep" those stereo's are, but I do know my 91 is a tight squeeze for my Pioneer. I'd check the depth requirement and if the antenna plug comes off the side or straight out the back.
Not a bad stereo, the same was in the Charger I rented last week.

I'm researching the possibilities of a MyGig install, so right now I'm not sure if any of the 08 units are compatible
with our Jeeps, but I did see a guy custom mold an older Chrysler Deck into his XJ. I didn't have a chance to
save the picture, but it looked like this:

MagnumCDAuxSilverLN.jpg

Won't work all the new cars run thru data.

I have a 06 radio like that out of a grand that you could make work.

But the new stuff is data and will not work in an older unit

Phil

I manager a car stereo shop been installing for the last 16 years.

Voluster said:
Won't work all the new cars run thru data.

I have a 06 radio like that out of a grand that you could make work.

But the new stuff is data and will not work in an older unit

Phil

I manager a car stereo shop been installing for the last 16 years.
Are there any plausible go-arounds for the MyGig units Phil?
I heard there's a MyGig adapter in the works for 07 Chryslers... what about the older models?

Back