• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

20" wiper blade on drivers side?

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
I got two 18" blades to replace the front wipers, but one of the 18s were broken. I installed the 18" on the passenger side, and had a brand new 20" for my moms Volvo, so i stuck that on the drivers side. i ran them a few times back and forth and it clearances the top weatherstriping by about 1/4". SO my question is, am i hurting anything by running a 20" in place of an 18" on one side? Am i stressing the motors too much, or is it not a problem at all?

thanks

Brendan

Shouldn't. You can run 20's with 96+ wiper arms.

19's only fit on pre 96 arms that have the pin. That's what I run on my 95.

FYI it probably stresses the motor just a tiny bit more, but not really too much....just because you have more moving mass and more friction, etc.

I'm anal so I'd have to have both wipers the same length. But obviously you aren't like that :)

i have the second 20", maybe ill toss that one on also, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt hurting anything before i went with two larger wipers.

Back