• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mall Crawler setup Q's

k_kuch

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ that i want to lift. It is my DD with occasional (easy) trail rides. I have determined that an AAL kit should suite my needs for now. My question is...should i go with the RE 3.5" super ride or the RC 3"? I want to throw on some 31s so i need more clearance. I kind of want it just for the good looks, but will put it to use once in a while. Which lift do you guys think i should get for my uses? I am a poor 16 year old so keep that in mind. Thanks.

Well, if you do AAL's, its not going to look all that hot after the rear sags again - which it usually does.

I'd probably suggest the RE kit over the RC, its a lot more complete and with good reason.

I have a set of 3.5" skyjacker coils and lower control arms also have the matching Rancho 9000's. They are only a few years old. Im tryin to get rid of some stuff, you can have all of it for $200

the for sale section is over there, peddle your wares there....
nobody wants to buy from someone with only 10 posts anyway

btw, go RE if you can afford it.... no matter what youve heard, AALs WILL start to sag..... even if your no so hardcore

xcm said:
the for sale section is over there, peddle your wares there....
nobody wants to buy from someone with only 10 posts anyway
Your the kind of dick that scares people with only 10 posts away.

Re: reply

Not to theft, but since it's the case atm, is offering parts in 'other' threads frowned upon if it can help the poster?

99Cherokee said:
They are only a few years old. Im tryin to get rid of some stuff, you can have all of it for $200
Personally, I'd be cautious..

k_kuch said:
I have a 99 XJ that i want to lift. It is my DD with occasional (easy) trail rides. I have determined that an AAL kit should suite my needs for now. My question is...should i go with the RE 3.5" super ride or the RC 3"? I want to throw on some 31s so i need more clearance. I kind of want it just for the good looks, but will put it to use once in a while. Which lift do you guys think i should get for my uses? I am a poor 16 year old so keep that in mind. Thanks.

I'm in the exact situation as you, I wanted to do the same thing with my 99 XJ, and like you, was thinking of getting the RE 3.5" Super ride with the AALs until I was talked out of it and decided to go with the Super Ride with the full rear leaf springs (RE 6025) and I highly recommend it. I've only had it on a few weeks, but I really like it and am getting 31s put on it on Friday...

Best of luck! And let us know how it goes!

Stumpalump said:
Your the kind of dick that scares people with only 10 posts away.
not my fault theyre scared of 'dicks' on the internet....
i would also guess this isnt the only way their phobia of phalic shaped objects has changed their life.
get over it

I'd say save up til you have the cash to buy the full packs in the RE kit. I was planning on getting that kit, but I bought a Jeep with the Rusty's 3" AAL kit already on it. I'll eventually upgrade to full leaf packs, but this kit has been on for at least 2 years and the Jeep has 94k miles on it and the rear hasn't sagged yet.

i have the RC add a leaf, the whole lift sagged about a half inch, but that should be normal, pick up a add a leaf lift from RC and build a bastard pack, shouldnt cost much for the pack, mine only costed about $35.

Back