• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CRB bumpers - what ya think

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have been looking for a front bumper for my xj and i came across these crb bumpers on ebay. What do you all think about them? Are the a decent bumper to go with? I don't do anything hardcore with my trail rig but would like something that will stand up better than my stock bumper. Another plus for me is that he is close by. Would like to get your input on these.

Here is a link to his front bumper,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140202718573

Thanks,
Ben

The weld on D rings look like they're only welded on one side of the bumper which may or may not hold up when you are start yanking on that thing. The way he has it worded, it appears his clevis mounts ARE welded on both sides of the bumper with the mount extending through the bumper. Another downside is it that he only uses the stock mounting points, so, enough tugging could cause some...issues.

I would go with the clevis mounts because you can put a D ring on that and you know you will have a stronger tow point on the bumper.

Other than that, I've never heard or seen of them.

I have met chris and seen some of his work. All in all I was happy with his product, dad has his rear and sliders, nice stuff. I choose not for a lot of picky (I want a certain look) reasons. But good stuff anyway, also he welded my currie mounts to the front axle while we waited at the shop, good people to deal with!!!

It looks nice for the pre 97's but lacks the side tabs for the 97+ once you pull the stock end caps off, otherwise it is nice. As for strength, I think that if you have the factory tow hooks it would probably work well but not with the stock bumper mounts that would in all likely hood rip out on the first serious pull. Price is good but I would opt for the shackle mounts, I've used those welded on tabs, they came standard on most military 1/4 tons, blazers and GM pickup trucks and just about all military issue vehicles, I've ripped more than my fair share off especially when pulling a certain majors blazer out of a rather big hole using my bradley, actually ripped them both off the rear, I then repeated the exercise trying from the front.
I looked at the one he has for the ZJ, while functional it's kind of got a case of the uglys with all those seams, I'd have to do alot of grinding to smooth it out some for my taste but the price is really good.

I'd definitely buy one of Ukraine Train's kits or finished bumpers before this. That thing matches absolutely NO body lines, those clevis mounts are...blech.

Way better options out there at those prices.

WheelinJR said:
I'd definitely buy one of Ukraine Train's kits or finished bumpers before this. That thing matches absolutely NO body lines, those clevis mounts are...blech.

X2

I hate bumpers that look like an afterthought, where nothing matches the body lines.

Ugly and outdated.....So yesterday!

jaburk said:
I wouldn't waste my money on that POS. JCR is a much better option in my opinion.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=XJB

Thats really not fair, the guy is attempting to build a product, more constructive comments would be more helpful. Any thing that gets the producer of the product closer to the east coast and reduces ridiculous shipping charges is OK in my book. Every one of these builders is usually west of the great lakes which gets expensive.

RichP said:
Thats really not fair, the guy is attempting to build a product, more constructive comments would be more helpful. Any thing that gets the producer of the product closer to the east coast and reduces ridiculous shipping charges is OK in my book. Every one of these builders is usually west of the great lakes which gets expensive.

I just call them like I see them. By the way, JcrOffroad is located in Kalamazoo Michigan which is pretty darn close to Warsaw, IN,:twak:

Last edited:
Back