• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got a couple

victor_s

NAXJA Forum User
Alright so when i drive my jeep, i get this sort of scraping noise, its not constant but it comes at random moments. Sounds like somethings dragging on the floor, yet it isnt. Whats common to scrape against moving parts?

Whats a good way to keep the thermostat in place while bolting on the housing.

And on the starter right next to the big postitive wire theres a tiny one that bolt on . What is that?

Thank you :canada:

b go to napa and get a stat-tite gasket. it has adhesive on one side. works like a sitcker to hold the thermostat in place while you bolt it up.

Nice, will give the gasket stuff a try. Ok for the starter Q.

And the one of the noise is only when i move, steering input has nothing to do with it, brakes nothing and neither does acceleration. Its honestly random.

victor_s said:
Nice, will give the gasket stuff a try. Ok for the starter Q.

And the one of the noise is only when i move, steering input has nothing to do with it, brakes nothing and neither does acceleration. Its honestly random.
scraping sound only when moving is usually a bearing. try do decide if its coming from the front or the rear, and which side. do you "feel" it or just hear it? a good way to isolate where a sound is coming from is drive slowly down an alley with solid walls on both sides. as far as the randomness i cant help ya there... jack up the wheels and give each of them a spin with your hand on the rim the whole time, sometimes you can feel if its grinding.

Back