• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

simple transmission mount question

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
so i have the peugot tranny in my 89' with the 4.0L. my tranny mount has seperated SO bad that when i drop the crossmember..i DROP the crossmember and it hit my head the other day, the mount is half on the crossmember, half on the tranny, torn in half. the problem: i do not have second gear anymore! it wont go in! so i gotta shift from 1st to 3rd now. but i put it in 4lo on the street the other day and it jolted my tranny far to the right to where i gained 2nd gear back but lost 5th, so would a new transmission mount center up my tranny so the stick can reach all gears without hitting the floor cut out? and #2, where can i get the peugot transmission mount pretty inexpensive?

i got it at the dealership but there are a few site that have it.

team cherokee might have it also try www.rockauto.com

dont drive it with a tranny mount or one that is broken in half!

as a temp fix, you could line the 2 halfs up and use wire around the case and crossmember to hold it from going side to side

So you're saying that the cushion is not seperate like the AX-15 and AW4 mounts, but part of the bigger assembly? I've never looked at the Peugot tranny mount, but I do know the 89 AX15 and AW4 cushions are seperate.

Poking through RockAuto, they show the same cushion being used across 1987-1992 which makes me wonder if they're showing the wrong mount.

Don't think you can get just the rubber part. The mount is kinda molded together. But if you going to stick with the puke then you best to buy a new mount. Believe me I bought a used one just for temp because was swapping out to a AX-15 and well I kept having problem with the vibrations and it causing the bell housing bolts loosening from the block, then locktite it and the next best thing, the bell housing bolt nuts that attach the bell housing to tranny started coming loose. Not a good thing you know...
2232570316_66a516d553.jpg

correct, you cant just buy the rubber part of the mount. the mount for the peugeot is a mtal palte that connects to the exhaust that has the rubber mount built into it.

before i replace mine, i "rigged" something up with some old poly mounts that i had laying around and some wire to wrap around the tranny and the crossmember to keep the tranny from moving side to side.

Thanks guys, I found it in one of those links. Its $78. I really appreciate it. I never thought of it but like that one guy said he was having issues getting into some gears. Me to.

Back