• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat Belt

rcpilot92

NAXJA Forum User
My seat belt latch disintegrated on my cherokee, drivers side.. any place to get one besides the junkyard...

Thanks

kennzz05 said:
y not the junkyard? trygoogle or ebAY

x2 why not the local pick-n-pull? generally speaking the seatbelts are intact, in good condition, and all you need (I think...might want to double check) is a 3/8" socket and ratchet, or open-end. just curious.
-Ed

Torx bit for sure and a phillips screw driver ( stubby ) for the trim. Please dont be one of those guys that cut, rips or any other way destroys everything else getting it out.

I am not ruling out the junkyard.. it's just that I'm a truck driver and I going to order one so when I get back home it'll be there ready to install... there's a ton junk yards here in San Diego... I'll most likely go there with torx bit and rachet in hand..:D

I had to actually weld a torx bit TWICE onto one of the bolts. The others came out with a breaker bar & half inch air ratchet.

firefight343 said:
...and some PB Blaster.

And don't forget the BFH and I always carry a 2" ID by 5 ft cheater pipe!:eek:

Came in real handy on my oil filter adapter bolt removal!

Back