• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubicon tcase

SYE: $220 (You will need a new DS for the Rubi tcase and or your old one if you add an sye)

Tera 4low: $1100

Assuming you have a 23 spline on your junk, its a good deal.

Starboard M said:
SYE: $220 (You will need a new DS for the Rubi tcase and or your old one if you add an sye)

Tera 4low: $1100

Assuming you have a 23 spline on your junk, its a good deal.

Not sure where you're shopping but I can order a Tera 4Low w/ 2 Low for $950.00 to the door all day long... Add an SYE and you're at 1150.00 + a 231

you could get a stak 2 speed for 2100

600dollarxj said:
1200 sounds like a decent price. Keep your 231 and turn it into a crawl box!

high-high 1:1
high-low 2.72:1
low-high 4:1
low-low 10.88:1

im doing this same swap. its going to be sweet

i think 1200 is a bit steap. 800 to a 1000 is the going price at the moment. they pop on ebay all the time. its been said befor all 241 are 23 spline. so you need to have a 91 1/2 or new aw4 or ax15. the linkage on the 241 will need to be inverted to work with your stock linkage. also the 241 is useing 1330 ujoints. tom woods dose make a kit to swap it to 1310. the case of the 241 is a 1/2 longer and the tom woods adapter add a 1/2. is might be a problem. it was in my case. in all it case me 1400 to buy and install is case. is included case, adapters, tranny swap and shorting the rear drive shaft. and my speedo dose not work

just my .02

Last edited:
a tera4low is not that much of an upgrade when you compare the price of a rubicon case...it still uses half of a 231 and just isn't that strong.

you can buy a FACTORY NEW rubicon case for $1300 to $1500 and that's WARANTEED.

that's the best route.

jeepcomj said:
a tera4low is not that much of an upgrade when you compare the price of a rubicon case...it still uses half of a 231 and just isn't that strong.

you can buy a FACTORY NEW rubicon case for $1300 to $1500 and that's WARANTEED.

that's the best route.
Lets see it! I bought mine new and I know what I paid!

sorry no link, in talking to a mechanic friend (who is on here) he can get it at cost.

so find yourself a mechanic buddy to get it at cost.

xjjeeper19 said:
Dealer cost is 1340.00...Till I see the link, I don't belive it...

there is no link for that price. that price is shop price. like jeepcomj said. if you know the right people, you can get the right prices. i got my wifes factory D44 housing and complete rubicon disc brakes all at cost by having friends at parts counters get the parts for me.

i figured you worked for a dealer, and that's how you knew the price.

i was just wondering why you were asking for a link like you were calling him a liar.
jeepcomj was correct, he just failed to mention "how" to get that price.

scorpio_vette said:
i figured you worked for a dealer, and that's how you knew the price.

i was just wondering why you were asking for a link like you were calling him a liar.
jeepcomj was correct, he just failed to mention "how" to get that price.

I guess I just don't see a need to brag about a dealer connection....It's not like every one on here can run down to the dealer and make buddies with the guy behind the counter. Even so, most dealers won't sell a part for "cost" they want a cut too.

Justin

I guess I must be pretty buddy-buddy with my dealer then. he's gotten me some OEM comanche chrome rear bumpers for LESS than dealer cost.

gotta love GREAT dealer connections.

Back