• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock mount conversion

sgtpepper

NAXJA Forum User
I need to change my front shocks and while in there I'm also thinking about going from the pin-eye to eye-eye mounts (lowers are already BPE'd)

any pointers on fabricating the new mounts?
JKS makes this kit here for the upper, but I just cant seem to justify $35+shipping. Not that I'm cheap, just feel like making it myself.

p_9602.jpg

Last edited:
1 peice of metal. 2 bends. 3 holes. Weld bolt. Use a old shock or extra bushing to check for clearance. May want to sleeve the bushing.

does this bracket look familiar?

it used to be part of the old crappy RE quick discos. I had them on for about a week and swapped out for the JKS.

had the brackets laying around, they just happen to be the EXACT dims needed for the conversion. just add hardware.

2236458850054118203S500x500Q85.jpg

sgtpepper said:
does this bracket look familiar?

it used to be part of the old crappy RE quick discos. I had them on for about a week and swapped out for the JKS.

had the brackets laying around, they just happen to be the EXACT dims needed for the conversion. just add hardware.

2236458850054118203S500x500Q85.jpg

Yep, that'll do it.

Just get a good, high quality washer for the top so it doesn't try and pull through the old shock mount hole.

those old re mounts look just like my superlift mounts on my end links....hmmmmm

Sweet, I knew I kept those procrap endlinks around for some reason!

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
the JKS ones are awsome though they really make a difference!
In what?????

bcmaxx said:
he must mean going to the new shocks, not the shock brackets
Thats where I was going with this,type of mount cant change the ride quality.I can get the same shock in any mount I want.

I just installed the JKS ones on my jeep today. They are PITA to install. I recommend a 1-1/4" socket for the pass side and an adjustable wrench for the drivers side. And if your gonna throw those on there, might as well get your self some BPE. I got the Teraflex ones for 16 bucks from Windrockoffroad.com. and were a breeze to install.

Cherokeekid88 said:
I just installed the JKS ones on my jeep today. They are PITA to install. I recommend a 1-1/4" socket for the pass side and an adjustable wrench for the drivers side. And if your gonna throw those on there, might as well get your self some BPE. I got the Teraflex ones for 16 bucks from Windrockoffroad.com. and were a breeze to install.
Bad idea turning the lowers 90*(the pivot point).

Last edited:
Back