• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine fit?

I'm running a 99 engine in my 96. You will need to find a new home for the temperature sender located on the back of the head on the 96. There is no tap for it on the 99 engine.

ratherbcamping said:
I'm running a 99 engine in my 96. You will need to find a new home for the temperature sender located on the back of the head on the 96. There is no tap for it on the 99 engine.
I am having a similar problem with mine.. I have a 96 with a motor from a 98 and I'm trying to figure out how about I want to go with hooking up a new gauge.. Ideas on what I should do? I have heard so many different things from drilling/tapping a hole on the 98 to fit a 96 sender and extend the wire, to just installing a new gauge.. Either way I am going to have to find a new place to put a sender.. Ideas?

Mine is currently in the radiator bung that was used on the older models. Not a good spot, doesn't give true readings even if it's just for the gauge. I have a spare thermostat housing that I plan to drill and tap the sendor in the front flat area.

I just drilled and tapped the head in the appropriate location- 99 motor in 96 chassis...
Just don't drill too far as this is a corner of the water jacket right over an exhaust port....and it tends to read hot under a load...but again, right over an exhaust port...stock location up to 96'...

Back