• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thinking about buying a wrecked XJ. pics.

I'm pretty sure the uni is tweaked. And definitely not worth 1300$. I was in a wreck that hit the pass side just like that. The lower control arm mounts were bent and so was the surrounding area. At most, it could be used for parts.

theres no way i would pay $1300. i was thinking more like $300. i was gonna let it sit on craigs list for a while and then contact him.

how bad would the unibody be damaged? i was hoping i could swap the front clip and be OK.

tigerShark said:
theres no way i would pay $1300. i was thinking more like $300. i was gonna let it sit on craigs list for a while and then contact him.

how bad would the unibody be damaged? i was hoping i could swap the front clip and be OK.
Well, as said, my pass side of the axle was pushed back roughly 4-6 inches. Bent the uni into a crease where the control arm mount was. Without actually looking under the jeep, you won't know for sure.

if i go and look at it, will i be able to tell how much damage there is to the unibody by looking at it? can there be damage that is unnoticible by the naked eye? what if i took a tape measure to make sure its square?

haha that Roughcountry 4.5 is worth 1300!!!!! LOL Dino 260 Horse power!!!!! WTF dudes a fag +100 horse on a borla and cat back, GTF out of here.

Blaine B. said:
It's funny how the grille is in perfect shape, right up to the point where the headlight bezel was destroyed. Interesting.
judging from that damage, what do you think may be too far gone to be usable?

Its trash. Offer 200. to help HIM out. With that much damage its just not worth anything. Maybe parts but even then what a hassle. Trust me you cant polish a Pinto into a Cadillac. Its shot.

The hours it would take to pull it straight would cost more than its worth. To make it square agian, its way too much work. Add the cost of a front clip along with the structure needing major surgery, the RMS, trans leak.. I'd go look for a better XJ. BTW, its only worth 250 at most, and thats a liberal estimate.

well the rest is in decent shape - offer 500 heck even 700 and take it off his hands - the motor, exhaust, and interior are worth that much - plus you get some rolling 33's, rims, some lift kit stuff not a bad deal if he will take 600-700... if not dont bother anymore he will come back i promise...

BillBraski said:
The hours it would take to pull it straight would cost more than its worth. To make it square agian, its way too much work. Add the cost of a front clip along with the structure needing major surgery, the RMS, trans leak.. I'd go look for a better XJ. BTW, its only worth 250 at most, and thats a liberal estimate.

im mostly interested in the suspension parts, the wheels/tires, motor, floor pans. if the unibody frame is in decent shape, i already have the parts to make it look decent. this would be my 3rd XJ. only my DD is a driver right now. i have a 4 door sittin without a usable block that i would either use as a donor for front clip parts it the wrecked rig unibody frame is still straight or use the wrecked rig for the donor parts i mentioned on the 4 door. both of my jeeps are 4 door and ive always wanted a 2 door so im hoping the frame is square on that wrecked cherokee.

I doubt it's cost effective to straighten. The seller's choice of photo angles seems significant to start with. He's careful not to show how the pass. side door lines up, isn't he?

May have lots of good parts, of course, but remember too that unless he has a full size matching spare, you'll also probably only get three good tires and wheels off it.

I'd go check it out, doesn't cost anything to look. Replacement parts from a place like Rock Auto wouldn't be that expensive and you say you already have some ....BUT...what is catching my eye is on the pass. side on the windshield post where it meets the cowl that gap looks to be pretty big between the two components,could be that hood hit the cowl, could be nothing but I would be worried about the "A" pillar maybe having been pushed back
Think it would make a great parts vehicle for the right price.

i hit a poll with my 91 2 door looked almost identical to the hit on that one. it bent unibody on it but nothing was pushed back in the driveline or suspension just the body. we cut the crease out of it and straightened some stuff up welded it and it rides the same as it always did. had to replace pretty much the whole front clip (except drivers fender),rad,engine fan and windshield. i had a parts rig so had all the parts. all it cost me was getting my neighbor to weld it because i wanted it done right. i'm not much of a welder lol.

Back