• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick dissconnects

thebluebuffalo

NAXJA Forum User
just got a 4.5 rc with quick dissconnects. should the hitch pins be really tight when trying to remove them?

i need help!!

Is the jeep sitting fairly level. If not they may be in a bind. I have the JKS disconnects and they would bind up if the Jeep was not level.

as level as i can get it. can i force them out? how hard will it be to get them back them?

If you force them it will be hard to get them back in! get the jeep in a parking lot or something, really you need side / side level mostly and they should come out easily, a pry bar or staegically deployed jack may help to coax the sway bar to loosen up.

the rc quick disconnects are great for a "budget/starter" quick disconnect. i have them on my wifes jeep because they came with the lift kit, and also explain to my customers that they are great "budget disconnects", but aren't as good as the JKS ones for example. so yes they can be a bit thight. any kind of un-even ground will make them harder. if you can get a second hand, or possibly even by yourself, slightly knudge/rock the jeep as you pull the pin, you'll notice that they will come out easier.

thanks guys, i'm going out to give it a try now.

oh one thing i also forgot (it's a bit messy but works great). if you aren't going to be disconnecting them nearly every weekend, then fill the ends of the tubes with some grease or anti-seize. it makes them very easy to install and remove.

just keep a rag in the jeep with you.

all i can say is that i hate the RE gen II disco's. as soon as i have some money im gonna get JKS ones. i have the same problem when tryin to disconnect/reconnect mine. the trusty rubber mallet usually does the trick though.

scorpio_vette said:
oh one thing i also forgot (it's a bit messy but works great). if you aren't going to be disconnecting them nearly every weekend, then fill the ends of the tubes with some grease or anti-seize. it makes them very easy to install and remove.

just keep a rag in the jeep with you.

x2 did the same thing

Back