• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock suspension replacement

DeadHead420

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys , i preety much wanna keep my 1995 Cherokee stock and just squeze some bigger tires under like run some 30's or 31's , would coil spring spacers and bigger shackles be the way to go? along with a pair of rancho shocks. and polyurthane bushings all the way. and would i have to do any fender trimming. thanks guys help appreciated

i think you'd be fine with 2" spacer/2" drop shackle. 31's shouldnt rub unless ur doin some crazy trails but with a 2" budget boost i doubt thats your aim..

I am doing the same thing you are. But in my case, my rear-end is sagging about 3/4 of an inch. So what I did is order some HD replacement leaf springs with the 7in arch (I believe stock is 5 1/2in non-UC). Got them from Quadratec and I think they are P# 56010 11 but could be wrong. And then just put some spring spacers on the front. If its not level, then I will add some extended shackles or some from an MJ. Just what im doing.

shoulnt need to do anything to fit 30's on it.

but for the 31's that sounds like a good plan, as long as you arent hitting some serious trails. but as for a DD you'll be fine on the streets.

i just put a set of 30" mt on my stock 97 se. they do fit, and i can turn fully, but i would run a front spacer and a add-a-leaf or shackle. just for fact that you will have some wheel travel.my 92 sport has a 3"add a leaf and a front spacer . seems to work for basic wheelin.

Back