• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my idea on finding control arm lengths?

Mopar It

NAXJA Forum User
so im having a hard time centering up my bumpstop/coil spring perch. i know they should be pretty damn close to perpindicular that coil perch and bumpstop. so im thinking i have my jeep on jackstands and put the axle, totally disconnected from the frames, on jackstands also. then line up the bumpstop coil perch and measure each control arm bolt hole eye to eye and see what im at and then turn them out to fit that? i have rough country adjustable short arms. 4.5" coil. 2" spacer. i know long arms should be used but i cant afford them yet and this will be okay for now and safe i won't be wheelin and i know the ride will suck i know. just trying to run my allignment idea by you guys and ask if its been done before and if it works?

edit: also i know the upper control arm length will control the caster angle and if anything i figured i should bring it a little negative to correct my pinion angle, right?

Last edited:
thats not an option right now for the clearance of my tires, im not emphasizing on what i have in this thread im talkin about finding the right control arm lengths to center up that line between the bumpstop and spring bucket

your NOT gonna be able to center it up with short arms, its as simple as that, theres just not enough adjustability in them, you ever thought of triming to fit?

well they're the same arms as in the 6.5" kit from rough country and they're adjustable arms why cant i turn them out enough to make it work with the spacer?

What you propose sounds great on paper.Now the real world sets in,because of the extreme angle of your arms,youll will not be able to set the wheelbase to stock.If you do,as you wheel youll start rubbing real bad on the front of the fenders.

well if i removed the spacer then, would my bumpstop be lined up good with that coil bucket on the axle that it hits? thats the only thing im goin for is a center coil spring not a arched or angled one.

Mopar It said:
well if i removed the spacer then, would my bumpstop be lined up good with that coil bucket on the axle that it hits? thats the only thing im goin for is a center coil spring not a arched or angled one.
with short arms its kinda hard to recenter it due to the angles on the arms when you lift it, with just a 5" lift i had issues with arched springs but ince the clayton arms were in it fixed that, its somthing that you may have to deal with

Back