• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d 35?

farvaadm

NAXJA Forum User
im 16 and just getting into wheeling i was wondering if my d 35 would hold up to a locker i'm running 31 inch yokahama geo'sand i'm getting ready to lift it 3.5 inches with a RE super flex kit.

thanks for any feedback

I think that with only 31's and as long as you don't beat the hell out of it, it should be ok. Definately not the best axle but just be ready for breakage. What type of wheelin are you looking to do?

I wouldn't waste money putting a locker in a D35. But, if you aren't going to go bigger than 31s and aren't going to do any hard wheeling, then your D35 will prolly last.

Some people could brake an anvil. Most axle braking comes from the rear end bouncing up and down while spinning. Drive wisely.

Cox89XJ said:
Some people could brake an anvil. Most axle braking comes from the rear end bouncing up and down while spinning. Drive wisely.
Which you'll have less of with a locker. Have a look on eBay or the forsale forums here. I see ez-lockers or lockrites going for $100-$150 and they are pretty easy to install. You didn't say what year XJ, btw. Oh, and welcome to NAXJA.

I ran 31's on my D35 for 7 years over a wide variety of terrain with no problems.

it's a 95 sport for who ever asked that and i'm not really planning on do anything to crazy plus i live in ronoke VA and there are only like 4 trail around here so there won't be to many opertunities to go break it. haha

farvaadm said:
it's a 95 sport for who ever asked that and i'm not really planning on do anything to crazy plus i live in ronoke VA and there are only like 4 trail around here so there won't be to many opertunities to go break it. haha

There is more than that! Just depends on how far you want to drive....
What trials have you been on?

farvaadm said:
im 16 and just getting into wheeling i was wondering if my d 35 would hold up to a locker i'm running 31 inch yokahama geo'sand i'm getting ready to lift it 3.5 inches with a RE super flex kit.

thanks for any feedback

just dont drive it like a 16 year old.

no burn outs on dry pavement and watch out for bouncing the rearend up and down on the trail.

to dazydg i've been on potts mountian in my uncles tj and its all locked and lifted with 35s and it was pretty crazy and today i went up on poor mountian in salem in mine but i didn't make it very far cuase it got icy and i didn't really wana take the chance of falling of of a 600 foot cliff so....

you got any good spots that you wana let me know about??????

Yeah Potts is about the most interesting place around here thats fairly close. But there is Bobcat, Broad Run near Blacksburg, Peavine Jeeptrail up near Big Island, and there is a place just outside of Bedford thats pretty interesting, hoping to go there next weekend. For something a little further out, there is Shoe Creek, George Washington Nat'l Forest out side of Harrisonburg, and if your looking for some real hard core action there is Crozet out side of Charlottesville, we go there about once a month.

Are you on any of the local forums? If not let me know, and I will get you some links to them.

No i'm not on any local stuff so some links would be nice. i actualy live in bedford on the lake so the bedford stuff would be pretty close. my e-mail is [email protected] if you could send me the locations of the bedford stuff and bobcat i would be forever greatfull.

Yeah Potts is about the most interesting place around here thats fairly close. But there is Bobcat, Broad Run near Blacksburg, Peavine Jeeptrail up near Big Island, and there is a place just outside of Bedford thats pretty interesting, hoping to go there next weekend. For something a little further out, there is Shoe Creek, George Washington Nat'l Forest out side of Harrisonburg, and if your looking for some real hard core action there is Crozet out side of Charlottesville, we go there about once a month.

Are you on any of the local forums? If not let me know, and I will get you some links to them.

I'm in Big Island VA. could you send me the links also?
thanks

Um just throw in a late model 8.25. I wouldnt put a cent into a 35. run it open till it breaks (on 31"s probably never, unless you jump it). throw an aussie into the front.

Back