• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a Trail leader to lead Green!

Very WORST case, if you can't find anyone else, I will, however I've never rode green, it's as exciting as pink, eh??

Maybe we can have Vug bring his wifes Jeep down and lead green, you ask him SMac.

lead anything...

Unless you're farming me out somewhere else I can lead any of the trails.

I can't commit to Friday at this point tho due to not knowing my exact work schedule, I'll be there Saturday for sure.

Make sure whoever is leading orange is very familiar with the trail, its changed quite a bit in a few areas, quite treacherous if you're not careful.

Scott did you get the email I sent a couple of days ago reference camping? Just email me the reply.

mac 'extremely muddy on the 31st/1st' gyvr

Is green trail the one me and you ran last year on Friday? If so I am planning on being there this year on Friday again and I could lead if nobody else will.

Mac, I got your email I'd like to hear what the he has to say concerning fires.
I'd like all trail leaders to be there on Friday to pre-run for conditions.

Mark, Yes Green trail is the one you and I did last year where we ended up in the swap down be the field.

If either of you think you can lead green let me know.

I'd lead green, but im not cool enough to have an FRS so i guess im out!

Nuts.
Chewy

PS: Id be happier if people could show up w/ a CB that works before they start bringin FRS gear!

Please excuse the obvious radio newbie-ness, but what's an FRS?

:?:

new CB

Hey Chewy,

you'll be happy to know that I replaced my junk CB that only worked part-time with a 75, and it works sweet!

...along with my three FRS and base FRS and cellphone in the Jeep.

Chewy, you can borrow one if you want to, just bring some batteries. (AA)

FRS is a two-way radio, there are 14 channels with a whole bunch privacy channels. They work well all over the park in Attica, I believe they do better than CBs, with past trail runs in attica over the last few year we've had the trail leaders using FRS to keep track of where the other groups are.

mac 'keeping the yellow top busy' gyvr

what frequecies do frs' work on???

we use them at work too, since the signal seems to cut through and around all the metal in the place.....

I always attempt to score a few units for our events, but since I've been leaving on fridays, its been next to impossible.

Back