• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats every thoughts on this xj

Sorry, I don't have any pics. I just was wondering if that is a good xj? I have a 2000 and love it. Doesn't that one have the dana 44 rear possibly? and also a renix engine? I guess I don't know any of the particulars.

I'd really check out his maintenance records, since he thinks it has a 4.0 L V-6... has he ever popped the hood?

I wouldn't pay $2,300 for it, but if he can trade, it might not be so bad. It will have the Peugeot transmission and an internal slave clutch. Not a good combination.

I think your buddy would be better off selling his for 2500-3k and buying a better xj. But thats just my opinion. The CL xj has been up for a few weeks nobody is buying it. If it was that cool it would be gone.

Seems pretty high miles for that pricetag... Sure he "just" put a lift + tires on it...but how long is it going to last? I'd check maintenance records like suggested. I got my 87' Chief w/ 4.5" lift, 31" tires, cargo rack with only 154k miles for $1800. Dunno how prices are where you're at though.

Doesn't sound like a good deal to me and here's my thoughts why it's not:

High miles
Needs work/repair
cheap lift--probably AAL

Seems to me like he's trying to get some of his money back from the lift/tires/wheels....besides, who "just" puts a lift/tires/wheels on a jeep and then turns around and sells it right away....something to think about!

Back