• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00 to 93 xj

cherokeedude3

NAXJA Forum User
i had a 93 xj dad rolled it....just wondering for all the tech heads out there if my lift on my 00 xj would transfer evenly to a 93 xj...thanks guys

The kit should just about 100% transfer over. I have done kits on an 88, 92, 2 97s, and a 98. From the time the XJ came out to the time it ended production there was almost no change in suspension design other than maybe spring rate and shock quality but their basic designs and mounting didn't change. Just be careful taking out those upper rear shock bolts spray them with lots of penetrating oil so you dont snap them off.

do you have a long arm kit? one of long arm kits(not sure which one) has a different mounting pan/crossmember for the 2000/01 xj.

if not, 84-2001 lift kits are the same.

89xj said:
do you have a long arm kit? one of long arm kits(not sure which one) has a different mounting pan/crossmember for the 2000/01 xj.

if not, 84-2001 lift kits are the same.

you are talking about the TNT lift. I actually got an email from bob at TNT this morning:

The most recent case of this is the Tcase linkage ordeal you are speaking of. When we finally tracked this particular customer down he had sold his 91XJ and then installed that YLink kit on a 2000 model. The '00 & '01 models take a different belly pan than a 99 and older model. In 2000 Jeep redesigned the intake manifold on the 4.0l and this caused them to shift the engine/trans/tcase center line 3/4" to the passenger side to clear the braking system with the larger intake. Installing a 87 - 99 belly pan on a 00 or 01 model will pull the trans to the drivers side of the jeep and jam the tcase shift linkage.

Go to the source not the internet. ;)

it all transfers over other than that.

NCCherokee said:
you are talking about the TNT lift. I actually got an email from bob at TNT this morning:

The most recent case of this is the Tcase linkage ordeal you are speaking of. When we finally tracked this particular customer down he had sold his 91XJ and then installed that YLink kit on a 2000 model. The '00 & '01 models take a different belly pan than a 99 and older model. In 2000 Jeep redesigned the intake manifold on the 4.0l and this caused them to shift the engine/trans/tcase center line 3/4" to the passenger side to clear the braking system with the larger intake. Installing a 87 - 99 belly pan on a 00 or 01 model will pull the trans to the drivers side of the jeep and jam the tcase shift linkage.

Go to the source not the internet. ;)

it all transfers over other than that.

yes i believe it was your post that i read yesterday about the issue. i just couldnt remember which kit it was.

cherokeedude3 said:
i had a 93 xj dad rolled it....just wondering for all the tech heads out there if my lift on my 00 xj would transfer evenly to a 93 xj...thanks guys
Why are you lifting a rolled rig?

Back