• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have power, but will not start!

Djanvk

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I've done the search and been reading the post's and would just like to verify what I think my problem is.

I have a 99 XJ and we have had some VERY cold -30 mornings and starting has been a little sluggish. Tonight I got in my Jeep and turned the key and nothing but quiet. I have power to everything, lights, radio, ect but nothing not even a click. Did work this morning and has been in the garage all day.

I'm thinking starter? It this a good though or is there something else I should be looking at? My Father in law says probably Battery, but I get power to everything.

Thanks

Try starting it in neutral......or hold the shifter into park hard with one hand, and turn the key with the other....you may be surprised.......it has worked for me in the past, not due to the cold, but the NSS......try it, its free, and it may just be the ticket......:dunno:

i have found that my NSS only acts up in the colder weather. i can go all summer long with no symptoms. the old "try in P, try in N. try in P" trick always gets her goin. been this way for a few years now but since im in FL i dont worry about it enough to change or clean it because like i said it only happens in colder weather.

ill tell you what though, the first time this happened i had no idea why it wasnt starting. by chance i tried it in neutral. i think that was 3 winters ago.

Back