• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ARG!!!!

Marc w

NAXJA Forum User
1996 2 door, ax 15/4.0 HO 8.25 chrysler. im at about 230k miles.

Heres whats going on. almost every week, a different sensor dies. i've been replacing them, but now im getting down to nothing to replace, and the same codes are coming up. im thinking possibly ECM failure. two weeks ago, i got a code for injector circuit open cylinder 1. i thought this was weird, as my WHOLE fuel system is new, about a year ago i dropped the tank and cleaned it out (not much rust at all though) new fuel filter, fuel rail, and 5.0 injectors anout 4 months ago. even though i thought it was weird, i thought, what the hell, i got 8 injectors when i ordered the kit, (ford motorsports) through another one in. well, now onto this week, injector number 2 is sticking open when the jeep is cold. this shit is driving me nuts!!!! im gonna replace number two tonight, but i have a feeling number three is gonna have problems next week. :wow: WTF is going on?

oh, should RE 1.75" lift shackles on an otherwise stock jeep be causing BAD drivline vibes? front springs are about 2" over stock, but everything else is stock, and in great condition.

aftermarket parts are- accel ignition, intake, banks header, full 2.5" piping, flowy 40, magnaflow cat, 5.0 injectors.

not sure if the injector were just crap, and all the sensors are old, if my computer is crapping out, or if the three different OBD2 code readers i used were all malfunctioning. :mad:

whats the deal with the 5.0 injectors? are these the 24lg/hr ones? why are you running these? got a stroker?

i dont think a 2" lift should be causing drive line vibes. can you return to stock height and see if they still persist?

tigerShark said:
whats the deal with the 5.0 injectors? are these the 24lg/hr ones? why are you running these? got a stroker?

i dont think a 2" lift should be causing drive line vibes. can you return to stock height and see if they still persist?

went back to stock height, there gone. recently rebuilt rear driveline, no vibes at all before lift, vibes after lift, returned it to stock, and there gone.

Back