• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor problems

mh01xj

NAXJA Forum User
I've been having troubles with my jeep. For the past couple months, it has had a rough idle, when stoped at red lights it seems like its gonna die. I can give it gas and it is fine. Also when this happens while ideling, the needle on the rpm gauge goes slightly up and down. Recently I left my lights on over night and drained the battery. After I jumped it, drove it to autozone and had them charge my battery. Now every once in a while it wont start unless i hit the unlock button then the lock button on my remote. Also it now only starts if I give it gas, if i dont, it will start for a second then die. No check engine light on now, but it has come on once or twice and turned back off the same day. A couple of times I have gotten "no bus" I know this is alot but anyone have any ideas as to whats going on? Its a 2001

honestly someone that could help out with this would help both of us mine does the same thing...runs like a bear when youre on it and movin, pull up to a stop light it practically stalls out, replaced plugs, wires, ignition coil, distributor cap, etc. even changed the CAT and the O2 sensor...still idles like hell, have never witnessed another engine as durable as the 242 I6...but it does have this trouble.

start your jeep put it in drive with the e-brake on and let it run for five mins. dont touch any thing just let it run my did the same thing so i relearned it that fixed my problem.

Definitely the IAC, or a dirty throttle body, or both.
I'd remove the air tube and clean the throttle plate with a sensor-safe cleaner, then clean the IAC.....

Back