• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

have e- fan from ford. need help

Timmy2XJS

NAXJA Forum User
i have the fan. iHve all the stuff to make it work. how d i fit the blasted thing in there with out takin apart my whole motor? plz plz plz help:piratefla

Huh what?? The taurus fan swap?? I just followed go-jeeps article and used some of my brain power to apply his logistics to a left hand drive.

Of course i did remove the mechanical fan, and i did cut the bracket for it as go-jeep did. In order to get the fan out and in, i have to loosen and remove the header panels crossmember (atop the radiator), but other then that its smooth sailin!.

http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTaurusFanInstall1.htm

Hope that helps.

i did the search thing and iv looked at gojeeps write up a few diff times but im still having a little trouble figuring it all ou ill tinker with it some more tomaro and figure it out thanks guys:patriot:

Here's how mine ended up looking

jeep023.jpg

iv been up to my eyeballs in pics and i think i have a handle on it. you guysare a big hepl wen i get it in ill send some pics!

so i have the shroud trimed and i figured a way to tilt the raidaitor. i dont know how to move the whole thing forward but i might not need to. im goin to remove the pully tomaro when i have time (work and such). if all goes well ill have it put back together and ops checked sunday. (i hope) im dealing with very limited time to work and even more limited materials and tools.

thanks again for all the words of wisdom

Back