• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting spot for Digital Ignition

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
im looking at getting an MSD 6AL or something similar. but looking under the hood, where do i mount this thing where it's out of the way? anybody got pics of a good mounting spot? thanks

seriously, where ever you have room.

i mounted mine next to the battery and between the relay center in my 89.

not sure if the msd box was worth the money though.

X2,with all the different variations of equipment,open your hood and find a place!

I've got a 6AL basically over the top of the Renix rat's nest, i.e. right about where the diagnostic plug/ relay brackets go. Mine's rewired though and there is no longer anything in the way there. I just used some scrap aluminum and made a shelf with a couple bends, riveted it down.

By the way, a 6A fits perfectly just below the back of the hood, I had one bolted down right on top of the smog info sticker. However a 6AL is bigger and won't go there.

JJacobs said:
I've got a 6AL basically over the top of the Renix rat's nest, i.e. right about where the diagnostic plug/ relay brackets go. Mine's rewired though and there is no longer anything in the way there. I just used some scrap aluminum and made a shelf with a couple bends, riveted it down.

By the way, a 6A fits perfectly just below the back of the hood, I had one bolted down right on top of the smog info sticker. However a 6AL is bigger and won't go there.

I like both of those spots. Im not really set on a 6AL, but something like it. I have my speaker for my alarm mounted above the "rats nest". :thumbup:

I mounted mine on the pass side firewall.

I didn't see one difference in anything putting it in there.

But I got it cheap and I'm sure it helps when I use the nitrous

Phil

Back