• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Attention Seasoned Seafoamers

xjh3

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so in an attempt to resurrect my gas mileage I'm going to remove my homemade safari style roof rack. I'm also going to do the Seafoam treatment through the vaccum line.

My questions are:

It's going to be 32 degrees this weekend, will it be alright to do this in such cold weather?

Also, I have read many, many different procedures on how to do this. The can says pour 1/3 can into the vaccum line, shut the engine off for 5 minutes, and then restart. I would just assume do this procedure unless there is another way that is more tried and true by many.

Should I just pour the remaining 2/3 in the gas tank?

It says O2 sensor safe, but from what I've read a ton of shit comes flying out of the exhaust. Is this going to foul my O2 sensors and plug my cat?

Thanks in advance!

If the label doesn't specify a temperature range check the web site although I haven't heard any problems

I use half a can per vacuum treatment and leave it for 10 min. Sometimes I will do a second one before changing the oil, with the pistons at different positions.

You can put some in the tank but it's not as good a fuel cleaner as some other stuff. Most effective place for it is in the oil fill.

1/2 in the TB, 1/2 in the oil, that will clean your engine the most.

CHANGE YOUR OIL somewhere between 70-100 miles.

It should not damage your O2 sensor.

follow the directions but if its your first time doing it on your jeep ever then Id get 2 cans and do about half and do a full in the tank then after that tank is gone id do the other half that can. make sure you clean up the throttle body really good and try and do the passages for the idle circuit really well and you should be golden. if you dont change your oil regularly then put a can in your oil with a fresh filter run it 100 miles and then do a change your oil will be thick and gloopy if its been getting crap oil

Back