• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire size?

cracked-butt

NAXJA Forum User
:looney: ok just something im lookin into for when i gotta get my heep to pass inspection. i know i'll need new tires, but with out a lift of any kind, what size do i want to get? the kelly 30" a/t's or the ho-hum everyday 235-75-15 street tires? :doh:

what are all you running on your jeeps? with out lift kits, or cut out fenders that is.

basicaly how big can i go with out having to lift it or cut out the fenders? i've heard that the biggest i can go (without any kind of major rub) is 30x9.50x15. i'd love some 31's but thats too much rub for my liking.

thanks guys (&gals) :cheers: :worship:

besides, i got a link to the kelly's for $50 a piece ($200 for all 4, but how bout that spare?), just gotta get em mounted & balanced somewhere.

Go ahead and throw some 30's on it.
You'll be fine with them.
My 91 has no lift & 30's.
Before the BB on my 99 it also had 30's.
Iam running 31's on the 99 now, if I wanna wheel it I swap tires/wheels with the 91.
Go with the 30's and dont look back. ;)

+1 for 30's. I put BFG's on w/o any lift, and they were fine. It would rub a little if you wheel it, but not on the street.

for now its the only vehicle & my gf just gives me "the look" when i talk about putting a 3" lift on it so i can stuff some 31's under it.

Tyquan, you sayin kelly makes shitty tires? i never had them before, so im not very familiar with their product. i had "no-name" 31's on my 85 ramcharger & they lasted me a good while.

like a lot of people i'm sufferiing from the "lack-of-funds" syndrom, other wise hell yea i'd lift it 3" (minimum) put some good 31's on it, safari rack, more lights etc., etc. but for now i have to hold off on "building" it. besides, i gotta do some other things to it to keep it "street legal".
under-sized (regular) tires look gay on it too. like they are too small for them.

I run 235-75-15's on mine I think they fill the fender up nice. GOOD-YEAR Wranglers. I think they were $65.00 a piece. I love them. Do good on the street and good off road. Of course it depends on what you do. Some people say they suck some say they are great. For me they do exactly what I want. Also last 50,000 mile I think.

1) Don't buy shitty tires
2) 30's fit a 89 non lifted no issues
3) SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND

!!!1

Back