• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior trim colors

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
Does anyone know if their were two different grey trim interiors on late model xjs? Im looking into getting some new inside plastic doors pieces that are said to be charcoal and I believe I have light grey. Is this possible?

-Alex

To my knowledge there was a light grey and an agate color. The agate is closer to black (Charcoal) and was in the Limited versions. The door panels in my 98 classic are a combination of the light grey and agate colors.

In 97/98 the gray was combined on the dash boards. In 99 they switched to the agate only. Agate is the darker gray. I switched my 98 interior to match a 99.

Ba-Riedo said:
Alright, im looking to get doors with map pockets so maybe ill just get all 4 door panels.

-Alex
I did the same thing to my 97 Sport. The door panels with pockets only came on the Limited models (and 97 Country). I ditched my 97 two-tone light gray/agate panels for a set of all agate pocket panels from a 99 Limited.

I actually added the entire 99 Limited interior. My 97 had manual windows and door locks, now I've got power everything, keyless entry, overhead console, heated leather and mirrors, all for $300 with regulators and wiring. They even threw in the 99 intake manifold; deal of the century.

BTW, the map pocket panels only come with the wood grain trim on them.
xjlimitpanel.jpg

Last edited:
Back