• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailblazer 4" 5" lift.

Geordiewolf

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

Just joined, and already found lots of helpfull info.
The project i am about to start is a lift for my XJ. But i have found it difficult sourcing the parts in the UK. The link below seems to be the way to go, but still not sure about the 4" or 5"? I have a LPG conversion, and the extra weight of two heavy duty tanks has dragged the back end down. Maybee the 5" would be the best option!

Anyway, has any one any experience with this company and or products?

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjtrailblazer.html

Many thanks,

Paul,

Yeah, try searching their name and you'll find a lot of unhappy customers. Not so much unhappy with the products, mostly unhappy with customer service.

i have their 5" trailblazer lift and I like the soft ride that the OME springs provide. IMO their customer service was alright. I spoke with the owner a few times and he is good to talk to, his name is Gus. If you are going to have a lot of 'crap' in the back of your xj I would suggest to steer away from the OME springs. I loand mine down with all my tools, spare parts, and fs spare and the ass end drops almost 2 inches. If you are only going to carry those 2 tanks then the soft ride is very nice, if you plan on loading up then try RE, I heard their springs are pretty stiff.Good luck with the build.

OME is great stuff, along with RE and some others, its just rockyroad has got some negative reputation for bad customer service. enough that i would stay away. i would search this forum and make up your own mind as who to order from.

Thanks for the advice,
Been trying to source kits over here, (UK), for the past couple of weeks, as well as thinking about getting them shipped. Well, managed to locate a supplier who can do the RE kits, so I'm going for the 3.5" front and 4.5" on the back to offset the drop from the tank weight. If it sits to high on the back I’ll add front coil spacers to level out.
The only option left now is the shockers, Available are; RE Mono, RE Twin, or OME.
Anyone got any advice on this?
Cheers again,
Paul.

Good choice. I ordered from RRO and their service is alright as long you don't have any problems. I tried to return some parts that didn't even come close to fitting my Jeep and he was going to charge me shipping plus a 15% restocking fee on top. For a $22 part. I'll never deal with him again.

Call dirk at DPGoffroad

Back