• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signals dont work????

ReddXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've searched but eveyones problem is different. This just happend last night. All of the interior lights, dash lights, hazzards, parking lights, headlights, radio everything works except the turn signals??? i replaced the flasher and nothing. no clicking when the turn signal lever is push up or down. all of the fuses are good. turn signals worked the day before and then dead to the world. i dont know what or where to check to reslove this and its drving me up the wall.

Its a 92 cherokee

need ideas asap

thanks

check the relays?

#8 fuse is were the power is coming from. That would be the yellow with red stripe wire at the flasher relay. The other wire at the relay is black and it goes to the turn signal switch in the colum. If you have tilt wheel this wire could be broken next to the plastic plug were the turn signal wiring harnes plugs in. So check for power here. If you have power here it sounds like you have a bad TS switch.

I had the same problem and it was the switch inside the steering column. I mess with it and took it in before I broke more stuff then was already broke. Lots of brittle plastic crap in there.

ReddXJ said:
do u have to pull the steering wheel out to get to the switch?

Yeppers.....sorry

hazards work, walked around to make sure and they all work....where is the column switch? what does it look like? easy swap?

when you guys have your turn signal on, where does the clicking sound come from? does it come from the turn signal flasher?

update....i swapped the 2 flashers and now the turn signals work along with the hazards and everything else....go figure

thanks for all the help guys

I have the same problem my flashers work
but no turn signals its a 1996 and is there
more then one Flasher ?? I checked the
blue one and it seemed to be working
when the flashers are on but nothing with
the turn signals any Ideas please let me
know this really sucks.
:huh:

you can replace the turn signal flasher, on my 92 its the one thats located at the bottom left side of the fuse panel. I swapped my around and all a sudden the turn signals started working.

OK now I'am really lost I have tryed everything I can think of I have sochanged the blue flasher, checked all the fuses under the dash and under the hood with a test light I even changed the turn signal switch the one on the left side of the stearing wheel and still NO WORKY is there anything else to check or change?? S i'am still at the 4 ways flash but no turn signals they wore working fine and then they just stopped anyone have any ideas please help

1996 Xj 4.0Lhasta

Back