• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where do the wires run for rear wiper?

5.2poweredxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm sick of not having have a rear wiper. I got no power at all to the relay the motor works fine when jumped. It was has power all the time for the return to base and it has a ground. Now where does the power wires run inside the body so I know where to start tearing the panels off?

I replaced the switch and it doesn't do anything different. Also got 12v at the fues on both sides. once in awhile it work once and and not again.

5.2poweredxj said:
Ok I'm sick of not having have a rear wiper. I got no power at all to the relay the motor works fine when jumped. It was has power all the time for the return to base and it has a ground. Now where does the power wires run inside the body so I know where to start tearing the panels off?

I replaced the switch and it doesn't do anything different. Also got 12v at the fues on both sides. once in awhile it work once and and not again.

2ir18qx.gif

Most of the broken wires I#ve found in the rear washer circuit, were close to the motor in the hatch.

Connector 119 is behind the drivers side kick panel, connector 140 behind the inner LH rear fender panel and connector 151 is in the hatch.

Last edited:
To add-check connections behind panel where spare tire is bolted down.Hot as well as the ground circuts,your rear hatch is fiberglass and doesn,t carry current well.
Considering age-wire is probably broken where it goes from body-hatch at the top.
Wayne

My connector in the back was fried when I changed mine, due to the motor locking up and a 45 amp fuse in the fuse block would be my guess. I changed it out and forgot to do the wires and haven't had the time to get to it yet but I think that the wires in the hatch get the worst of the punishment and they wear out kinda

Back