• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5 Rough Country Series X installed on 99 XJ Pictures

99xjclassic

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to share. if you wanted to know what a Rough Country 4.5 inch series X lift kit (bought on here through Grimus99xj) looked like on a 99 xj with 31x10.5x15 with stock rims. Sorry for the Poser shots, I will try to add more photos later
11-13-07_1535.jpg

11-13-07_1534.jpg

11-13-07_1645.jpg

Last edited:
Looks nice. Is it the shadows, or is the rear a tad lower than the front? Was this an add-a-leaf or spring lift in the rear?

Thx,

John

Bet your a happy camper, nice XJ

Looks nice. Is it the shadows, or is the rear a tad lower than the front? Was this an add-a-leaf or spring lift in the rear?

Thx,

It was higher at first, but it has since settled after I put a few hundred miles on it. It has full leafs in the rear

Did you have to address any driveline vibes??
I put in a 1" transfer case drop and shimmed the rear springs with 6 degree shims. I still have vibes, but I can live with them. It has been fine for the last 1000 miles.

Thanks everybody for the comments!

99xjclassic said:
Just wanted to share. if you wanted to know what a Rough Country 4.5 inch series X lift kit (bought on here through Grimus99xj) looked like on a 99 xj with 31x10.5x15 with stock rims. Sorry for the Poser shots, I will try to add more photos later
11-13-07_1535.jpg

11-13-07_1534.jpg

11-13-07_1645.jpg

Nice!! :thumbup:

SOUTHTEXASXJ said:
looks good did the diff cover come silver or you paint it?
It came powder coated black, but I wanted it to stand out so I painted it will el cheapo 99 cent a can white. The only problem with the design of the cover is it completely blocks the drain/fill plug...Weird

Gotta say nice looking XJ there man.

couple quick Q's Classic

i see you got the 4.5 kit from RC. but did you get anything else for the lift? ex: SYE, drive shaft, track bar?

and how was the price on it? no need to give and exact price, but was it reasonable?

philagony94xj said:
Gotta say nice looking XJ there man.

couple quick Q's Classic

i see you got the 4.5 kit from RC. but did you get anything else for the lift? ex: SYE, drive shaft, track bar?

and how was the price on it? no need to give and exact price, but was it reasonable?
The kit came with upper and lower adjustable control arms, nitogen shocks, front coils, full leave packs, extended stainless steel brake lines (front and rear), adjustable trac-bar, transfer case drop, sway bar quick disconects, rear shims, and u-bolts . This kit is upgradable to 6.5 inches with shackles and spacers. You get a Naxja discount through Jason (grimus99xj). I paid $795 shipped to my door.

Back