• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd issues, tried searching

motoguy13

NAXJA Forum User
so lately ive noticed that my 4wd shift lever has a little bit of play in it, never pops out of 4wd though but i have noticed that the light would some times go out and i would have to move the shifter around for it to come back on. Today i had it in 4H and the light never came on i put it in 4lo and there was no light (not sure if there is one for 4LO this is my dd so i never use it). but like i said 4wd seems to work fine. so my questions are, is there any sort of adjustments on the shift linkage to get rid of the slop, and has any one else had a problem with their indicators goin on and off.

Yes to adjust the lever, put it in 4'low and there is a bolt that connects the lever to the shift rod. With the lever in 4 low, loosen the bolt and space the lever 1/8" from the back of the hole in the floor (NOT THE SHIFT PLATE TAKE OFF THE PLASTIC) that should get you a properly alligned lever.

Now if your 4wd light still doesn't work it probobly your vacuum switch on the back of the t-case, depending on what year/t-case you have.

Back