• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Cherokee Briarwood For Sale

88JeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've owned her since 120k miles (September 2003) currently has exactly 150k miles.
Cherokee Briarwood package (power leather (tan) seats, extra sound deadening, and overhead console).
4.0L, AW4 Auto Trans, NP242 Part-Time and Full-Time 4x4
The Bad: Front power windows do not work but easy fix(rears work good). Steering linkage needs attention.

The Good: Rear bumper is brand new. Front wheel hub replaced recently. Rancho 5000 shocks, brand new front steering stabilizer. Two front u-joints replaced, and two front ball joints replaced recently. Water pump replaced ~3000 miles ago. New valve cover gasket. Cap, rotor, plugs, air and fuel filter, and all fluids except tranny are fairly recent and in good shape. Recent catalytic converter, 02 Sensor and Magnaflow muffler. Recent speed sensor. Motor still pulls strong, runs at a good temp. There is a tow hitch and full size spare. Aftermarket CD player. Interior is clean and well kept, the leather seats are extremely comfortable and all the power adjustments work. 4x4 works flawlessly, tranny shifts smoothly, and overall it is a good daily driving Jeep for cheap.

Kelly Blue Book says $2,155 at fair condition.
I'm asking for $1,500 for a quick sale. I'm up in the North Shore area of Massashusetts.
I'm not looking for trades except for 30"x9.5" AT tires (new or like new), 1999 Jeep Cherokee Wheel Bearing/Hub, and 1999 Cherokee Front Brush Gaurd. No vehicle trades.
Email me for more photos.

2271376870030329075iSEAMp_ph.jpg

2493059720030329075UXHHxI_ph.jpg

2721087410030329075obRVGH_ph.jpg

2937459230030329075FhkJjj_ph.jpg

Fairmonco said:
Someone detailed the crap outta that one.....looks good!
haha, I guess I'll take that as a compliment because I didn't :) Those pictures were taking after a normal wash and vacumed the carpets, nothing fancy.

Decent question, my buddy's 88 was a little rusty, but it had a windsheild leak.
From the outside this one looks mighty fine but I haven't had the carpets up.
Are you interested or just lurking?

I need a commuter...so i'm interested if clean.

Take a screwdriver to the floors from underneath and see if they are solid.

John B said:
I need a commuter...so i'm interested if clean.

Take a screwdriver to the floors from underneath and see if they are solid.
I'll be free this weekend to take a look. I'll let you know.

More pics of which parts of the body? I have a few other pictures but I can take a picture of whatever you want.
PM me or email me.

-J

She is still sitting in the driveway waiting for her next owner. She told me the other day she really wants to be lifted 3-4 inches with bigger tires....

Still got it? What exactly does "Steering linkage needs attention" mean? Do the front windows need motors, regulators or what? My oldest son turns 15 this Nov., so this just might be perfect to put away/wrench on for a year until he gets his license.

Thanks.
Dave

I got your PM too..
The ball joints in the steering linkage are getting loose, it isn't failing but just getting old. To make it 100% you should replace the ball joints. I'd still drive on it if I kept it.
I know for a fact the only problem with the front drivers window is that the wires have been cut off from the regulator and just need to be soldered back on. I'm not sure about the passenger window but it probably needs a new switch or at least a cleaning.
It is an old Jeep but as you know the driveline is still a pup, just the cosmetic stuff that needs attention. Probably a good vehicle for someone who wants to take a trip to the junkyard and then wrench on it for the weekend.
I had someone take a look last night and maybe will have someone tonight, but let me know if you want any more info.
-J

Oh and I'm reaching the point where I'm going to throw in a 91 HO motor to anyone who buys "Woody". I was going to build a 4.7L for Woody but found the 99 instead.

Back