• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE LA LCA Zerk broke off

Trail-Axe

NAXJA Forum User
RE LA 5.5" (6300) lift kit. Today I was crawling around under the Jeep and noticed a Zerk fitting had broken off of the driver’s side control Arm where it attaches to the cross member control arm mounts, that attach to the uni-frame. The broken-off Zerk fitting was still sitting on the cross member support, right below the control arm, where it was previously attached to the Super-Flex joint.

The Jeep was flex tested with a forklift to check brake line length, and to see how everything looked when flexed. Anyone else ever experience this or know how this might have occurred? Is there a fix for this? I searched the forum and found out how to get the broken part of the Zerk out of the control arm, but I would like to know if anyone else ever had this problem with this lift kit and how it might be prevented.

Thanks!

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Pn=1982&Vid=24A8F04732596

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2025&XnPath=173,180,188&Vid=24A8F04732596

I just installed my 5.5 long arm into my 90, but the rest of the rig isn't completed yet. So I can't help you but mabye you could help me out. How much flex did you get on the fork lift?? I run 35's and am just trying to get an idea of how it will/should flex.. Thanks

I did not measure the flex, but the rear tire came up off the ground a good distance before the front tire did. I was really impressed! When the front tire was lifted, same thing (from what I remember). I have 33X11.2 inch tires, and at full flex I will be needing to do some fender trimming come trail time!

Thanks!! I have 3.5 inches cut from front and 3 inches cut from the rear fenders to try and avoid scrubbing. I hope it will be enough. Thanks again for the insight..

Back