• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$4000

bigbadwolf54

NAXJA Forum User
Ok right now I have a 1991 XJ with 3in coil spaer block combo that has to go. I have been working nights and I have gotten alot of over time. I was wondering what Naxja would spend its money on. (besides the membership its coming when I get the money). But anyway, I was looking into the Rock Krawler 6.5 Long Arm, 33's, 4.88s, a 1998 Explorer 8.8, the 8.8 truss package from tnt, and maybe door armor from performance metal works. I have bumpers and rockrails being made by a friend. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
thanks,
ben wolf

Tnt Customs long arm
33" or 35"
JCR 1 ton steering
JCR rockrails
TnT frame stiffners
ford 8.8 with truss, alloys, locker
super 30, alloys, locker, truss

and save at least a one month buffer if you loose your job. that's just good finance advice. Listen to Dave Ramsey on Talk Radio

6.5 is too big for 33's, i would agree with everything muddshutter said, but thats gonna be over 4k when you regear, SYE, DS and all the little things here and there that will need to be fixed. I would also suggest the goferit OTK inserts for that JCR steering.

Rockkrawler kit about 1250 shipped
33" or 35" about 600
JCR 1 ton steering 295
TnT frame stiffners 169
ford 8.8 with truss, u bolt elminators, needed mounts about 300
how about this for starters?
i already have the 8.8 and got it for 80 bucks

XJ_Vikings said:
6.5 is too big for 33's

Says who? 7.5" and 33s

P4110002.jpg

Tools:
buy a mig welder $1000
angle grinder $50
Total 1050

Lift:
make your own shackles $100
3.5" R.E. Rear Leaf Springs $400
Coil Springs XJ 5.5" $200
tom woods driveshaft $400
make your own long arms $200
Extra H.D. Track Bar XJ/ZJ $250
Shocks $250
Total: 1800

Axles:
8.8 with disks $500
make your own truss $70
dana 30 & 8.8 gears from completeoffroad.com $500

Tires: save up more money and get hummer dual beadlocks with virtually brand new 36" wrangler rt tires for 300-600 off ebay...then use the money from selling your old tires and rims to get them recentered and bolt partern changed.

all my prices are overkill and include shipping and taxes.

i agree with shutter on the idea of putting away a months wages just for safety, you might need it if some kind of surprise happens [ie. your motor goes, etc] then replace your spring/puck combo with some real springs, get some better c-arms, and i'd buy a cup holder and maybe a bumper to hold my full size spare. then keep the rest for something like a d44 front swap or a brake swap. then next time you get a bunch of ot hours, buy the kick-ass lift with the 35's and new diffs and armor and, and, and.

or, xj_vik, what about 7.5" with 33's

by 15.5 =]

Last edited:
I did my set up all at once and had $5000 to spend and I went over.
4.56's w/detroit and a truetrack
TnT Y-Link System
Unibody Stiffiners
PORC SYE
Rebuilt Junk Yard Shaft
Bilstien 5125's
JKS Shock Mounts

I thought that I was going to get it done for $4000 and it didn't happen. Shipping on everything killed the extras that I wanted. I did all of the work myself in my garage, so that helped cut the cost.
Ain't much cheap when it comes to jeep.

Back