• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket heated seats mod

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm still trying to figure out a good option for replacement seats on my beater. One thing I've been thinking about is heated seats. However instead of limiting myself to GC seats, I'm thinking about an aftermarket deal like this one. I could even use some of the nifty switches on the center console and it would look factory.

Anybody done anything like this? Bad mix for trail vehicle maybe?

my wife's Grand Prix GTP has a heated seat and its pretty darn nice.. i've read write ups on how people actually took the heated seat pad and wiring harness out of a junkyard car and cut the foam in their passenger seat so that both seats have heated seats, not just the driver seat. might be somewhat of an option if your seats arent too crappy.

this aint no luxury vehicle just go to a junkyard and buy seats for 50 a piece. U put heated seats in then u would be the only jeep with um that i know of.:dunce:

Man they are nice!!give you that warm make ya feel like you crapped your pants feeling!I have personally installed 3 sets into customers vehicles, Install is quite straightforward, they come with everything needed including the switch and enough wiring to get to where you need to. I always use a little extra duct tape to secure them to the foam on the edges. you don't want them moving around, that'll be their ultimate doom

I have a 1998 Cherokee Limited w/ leather. After that first winter I knew I needed heated seats. After doing some digging I found a company called Check Corporation. www.checkcorp.com They make aftermarket heated seat kits for just about every car and truck. It's pretty straight forward.
1. Remove the Seats from the car
2. Separate the bottom cushion from the back cousin
3. Peal (literally) you peal the fabric/leather up over the headrest.
4. Remove adhesive backing and apply to seat foam.
5. --8. Make holes for the switches/run some wires.
9. Tap into a power wire and a ground.
(make sure the power wire you use is key-activated) You don’t want the seats on when the car’s off.
The Seats from Check Corp are rated for 7.5A each. I used the fuse for the rear wiper and I haven’t had any problems with running both seats and the wiper. It’s already a 20A fuse. Any Questions shoot me a PM.

-Richard

Last edited:
Back