• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Added JKS discos and adj track bar - now a 'clunk' over bumps

condoor

NAXJA Forum User
I recently added an adj track bar and JKS quicker discos to my 2000 XJ. It has a 3" OME lift. Now when I go across sharp bumps on the street I get a 'clunk' that appears to be coming from the passenger side. Anyone else experience this? Any ideas?

I had the same problem. My JKS QD's loosened up on the U bracket that mounts to the sway bar. I tighten it up and noise went away.

My Discos make noise from time to time keep em tight

YMMV said:
I had the same problem. My JKS QD's loosened up on the U bracket that mounts to the sway bar. I tighten it up and noise went away.

X2

Same here.

Talyn said:
My discos make noise too.. But everything is tight. Seems to be the bushing moving in the link. I live with it.

Mine make no noise at all since I tightened them up.

The JKS discos on my 2001 XJ clunked on hard hits. Turned out the top pivots were hitting the coils.
Fixed it by removing the sway bar mounts and grinding the bolt slots so the sway bar sits farther forward when bolted back into position.

Thx for the replies.

I found the culprit last night. My sway bar is hitting the mounting bolts for my front bumper when it cycles. I swear I've looked at the entire setup trying to see WTF was going on a dozen times. Last night I was disconnecting the swaybar and noticed end of the bolt was worn, as well as a wear spot on the swaybar - dohp!

condoor said:
Thx for the replies.

I found the culprit last night. My sway bar is hitting the mounting bolts for my front bumper when it cycles. I swear I've looked at the entire setup trying to see WTF was going on a dozen times. Last night I was disconnecting the swaybar and noticed end of the bolt was worn, as well as a wear spot on the swaybar - dohp!

Might need to adjust your trackbar to center the axle?

condoor said:
Thx for the replies.

Same exact thing happened to me! :smsoap:Nice to know your not the only one! I had to remove the washer under the bolt head and shorten the QD links up a bit. Have fun clearancing the QD from the bumper bolt. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

XJCreeper said:
Same exact thing happened to me! :smsoap:Nice to know your not the only one! I had to remove the washer under the bolt head and shorten the QD links up a bit. Have fun clearancing the QD from the bumper bolt. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Yeah, I'm going to hit the hardware store tonight and see if they have any kind of round smooth head allen or torx (ahhhhh!) bolt that might give me more clearance than this big ass hex.

Back