• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird vibration from engine...

tribaltalon

NAXJA Forum User
i just noticed this today. i had the heater on, and i slowed to a stop, and there was a vibration from the engine like the idle was high, but the idle was normal, as were all of the gauges. it would vibrate, then stop.. and then start vi when i turned the heater off it seemed to stop. have you ever noticed this before? it was a pretty signicant vibration, enough to worry me and pull over and check it out. i didnt see anything out of the ordinary. just thought it was weird and wanted to see if anybody had any ideas.

*ps* this is a 97 cherokee with the 4.0 engine.

Been in any mud in a while? I saw a post where a guy had mud packed into his skids. He took them off to clean the packed in mud out and it fixed the vibration problem ????

Check for cracked motor mounts too

If you had the heater on and the vibration stoped when you shut it off,it could be the a/c compressor cycling if you had the heat set on defrost.mabey a bad bearing in the compressor?

actually it was.. that must have been it. i've just never noticed the a/c vibrating like that before. it was pretty loud, too. my brother was standing outside of the jeep and was like what the hell is that noise?

Back