• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

34x10.50 LTB owners lookie here

tribaltalon

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about getting some 34x10.50 LTBs to replace my ripped up 33x12.50 MT MTZ's. the rocks around here are too sharp for the mtz sidewalls, and the LTB would be my cheapest option. what kind of life are yall getting out of them? my daily commute is only about 3 or 4 miles to and from work, and whenever the family goes somewhere we normally take the wife's car, so in other words, the jeep doesnt get alot of miles. where did you buy the tires from, and how much did you pay? money is pretty tight, and pretty much the only reason i'm going with the ltb's is how cheap they are, and i've heard they perform pretty bad ass offroad. oh, and are they a true 34 inch tire? the MTZ's were only like 32 inches brand new and are like 31s right now.

They're great for a mainly trail rig. I have them right now, and am actually selling them for a more road-friendly tire since I drive the XJ quite a bit on the road. They're rough when they're cold in the AM, but once they get warmed up they get better. Of course they have the Swamper hum, but you get used to it after a while. As with any Interco, they can be hard to balance. Overall a great tire for a rig that will see more trail than street.

They are awesome offroad. The tall and narrow will pull you through a lot of stuff others can't make, and the sidewalls are pretty tough also.

You can get them pretty much anywhere, it is shipping that gets you. Check the web for 4wheelparts, Desert Rat, and National Tire & Wheel.

Or you can buy mine :D

They are awesome off-road. Ride like a brick if yours is a daily driver. They are coming out with a 35x12.5x15 LTB real soon if that interests you. I went BFG km after running the LTBs. Mine is a daily driver and they wander a bit on the tarmac too. If you sipe them they last a bit longer too plus adds to ice and snow traction. I've owned 2 pair. They don't chunk nearly as bad as the regular TSLs either because of a harder rubber compound. Great tire as long as you don't care about ride comfort, vibes, or wandering. They sound sweet going down the road too.

I love mine!!! best off-road tire i have ever had. on road they are not too great but what M/T is? i live in the mid-west so mud and slop is what i have to deal with and i have not had to drive them on rock to much so i dont have any info there

polar_jeep_04 said:
I love mine!!! best off-road tire i have ever had. on road they are not too great but what M/T is? i live in the mid-west so mud and slop is what i have to deal with and i have not had to drive them on rock to much so i dont have any info there

The Rocks are were they really shine.

oooh.. 35x12.50 sounds mighty enticing. i think i'm going with the 34s to keep the weight down though, unless there's not that much of a weight difference between the 34 and the 35..

tribaltalon said:
oooh.. 35x12.50 sounds mighty enticing. i think i'm going with the 34s to keep the weight down though, unless there's not that much of a weight difference between the 34 and the 35..

35" 67.3 lbs
34" 58 lbs

would you recomend these for all around useage over the trux m/ts I do some road driving, mainly too and from wheeling, but the closest wheeling place is almost 2 hours from here. Which one would hold up better?

NighthawkXJ said:
would you recomend these for all around useage over the trux m/ts I do some road driving, mainly too and from wheeling, but the closest wheeling place is almost 2 hours from here. Which one would hold up better?

If you use it mainly for wheelin absolutely. I drove mine on the hi-way all the time. Once they heat up they aren't real bad. My LTBs wore less then any tire I have ever owned. I never had Truxus , but they do real well off road and rock crawling. They are suppose to have real good road manners too. So if you are willing to sacrifice some road manners and want real good off-road traction go LTB. If you want a mixture of the good from both go Truxus. LTBs are cheaper.

I think February, I had 34x10.50 ltbs, loved them, had a set of street tires too though. I did some onroad driving with them, on beadlocks with airsoft pellets, they ran fine up to 60 or so.

my piece is a daily driver. but my commute is so short i dont think it will be that big of a deal. i had a 87 4runner on 35x15.50 sx's and that didnt really bother me that much other then the tires were used when i bought them and were cupping big time and rode like ass.

however, another thing i'm considering is i'm on stock axles, so i'm not sure what the jeep can handle. i do plan on going with alloys eventually front and rear with lockers and 4.56s and not really any plans to go any bigger then 35s until i get another truck for a daily driver (which wont be any time soon)

Here's a pic of my last year mounted on factory alloys...I have since switched to cragar soft 8's

THESE TIRES ABSOLUTELY KICK ASS OFF ROAD!!!
Expect around 20k miles out of them on the street.Thats why I have a set of a/t's for dd duty....

Last edited:
cool. with me putting probably about 300-400 miles a month on the jeep on average, i should be able to make the tires survive quite a while. they'd probably start dry rotting before they went bald, lol.

tribaltalon said:
however, another thing i'm considering is i'm on stock axles, so i'm not sure what the jeep can handle. i do plan on going with alloys eventually front and rear with lockers and 4.56s and not really any plans to go any bigger then 35s until i get another truck for a daily driver (which wont be any time soon)

I ran the 34s with stock axles front and back and locked. When a went to 35s I broke a front u-joint and took out a stub shaft. I have since went to hardened yukons in the front and so far so good. The number one axle killer is the skinny pedal and the number 2 is binding. If you are easy on the skinning and unlock when you are starting to bind you should be fine. If you check out these vids the red one is on stock shafts and the white xj (mine) is on stock shafts about half of those runs. We do some pretty crazy stuff over here. Lots of Lava Rock !

http://myweb.cableone.net/cherokeexj/trail_video.html

Last edited:
yeah i've always been pretty easy on my stuff. i'm more of a finesse guy, not a lead footer. i'm pretty sure the jeep would be fine with 35s, but if the 34s are 10 pounds lighter a tire and skinnier, i imagine there's alot less chance of breaking, and then once i do go with the alloys it'll be bulletproof (sorta) and able to go just about anywhere.

Back