• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny Problem

Fonzie14

NAXJA Forum User
The other day I was driving down the highway at about 70 mph, and all of a sudden the pedal was slack and the Jeep started to slow down, she kinda jerked a bit so i let off the pedal for a sec and pushed down. She speed up then it happened again. So i did the same thing. This time i kept it at 65 mph and didnt have anything like that happen again. Ive also noticed on some hills she will jerk a little and want to shift but wont.

Im kinda curious if my tranny is about to go. I know its not the t-case and drive line related. I'm going to go check the tranny fluid later and see if thats it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I kinda dont want to go to the dealer bc they have said they dont like working on modded vehicals, and i dont want to have to take a friggin loan out to get it fixed.

Its a 97 XJ, 4.0I with 4.5" lift, SYE and shaft, 31x10.50 and 3.55 gears.

Thanks.

For starters. there are usually lots of places other than dealerships to have work done on vehicles-

Not sure by your discription whether you are sure is the trans screwing up and not the engine loosing power? If the engine is in a situation to where is loosing power, the trans won't want to shift normally then either most of the time. Did the ck engine lt ever come on?

Whatever turns out to be, by all means ck the level and the quality of the ATF. Then drop the pan to ck for material collected there and to just perform a trans service.

If these things seem okay let us know so we could be of more help.

Back