• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wobble...searched and stuck

harwood39

NAXJA Forum User
so i have a tiny bit of wobble. It is not due to lca length causing my alignment to be off. i had it on the rack and everything is perfect, even caster. the drag link angle is off of coarse and i am wondering if i should purchase an adjustable track bar or a dropped pitman arm. This is the only thing i can see giving me a shimmy at this point. Tires are ballanced and i even used bb's for ballancing and they seem to run smooth. i have 33x12.5 uniroyal lerado awt's and about 6 in of lift. i have been chasing this problem for a year now and am about to give up. does it with every set of tires i have had on here.

more info, lift? what track bar and control arms you running?

harwood39 said:
home built ca's and its rock crawler front springs, s-10 rears, factory track bar
Theres your problems.

Are they longarms or do you have drop brackets?

You MUST have an adjustable trackbar at that height.

So get a TNT customs or JKS trackbar. Problem fixed.

alright thanks. I just wasnt sure if it was the trackbar or drop pitman arm that i needed. I just dont get why either of those would cause wobble. I know why CA's causing wabble with caster being out but thanks.

Yup adjustable tracbar!!! Where my tracbar was to short it was wobbling at the mount, and giving me horrible death wobble (think interstate on icy road), So be sure and tighten/ repair/ fab a new tracbar bracket at the frame and axle end.

Back