• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT LA install - steering issue help i'm stuck !

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
i got the LA's in and locked down. started to back out to go for a test drive and clunk clunk. got out to see what i was hearing and this is what i found.

the tierod end is hitting the stabelizer bolt head. it's wedged in there now so i can't even turn the wheels. :bawl:

100_0466.jpg

100_0465.jpg

what is causing this ? Camber angle ? axle placement ? :dunno: i'm so frustrated and pissed off i can't even think straight. this prodject has been from hell!!!!! :badpc:

any advice, help, valium would be great !

If you were closer some valium would help, but since you aren't my guess would be the axle is too far forward and you might also have a caster issue.

What did you set the caster at? Do your springs look like they want to pop out towards the front? Im runnin the same stuff. Got about 1/2 an inch in there

your axle is too far forward, need to suck the arms in a bit

rockwerks said:
take a picture from straight on of the entire axle setup..............Im betting that the steering assembly is bent

the tierod thats on there is slightly bent. was gonna put my new one on today but NAPA is closed so i can't pic up my new ends till tomorrow.

rockwerks said:
take a picture from straight on of the entire axle setup..............Im betting that the steering assembly is bent

x2

Check your draglink

mojojojo said:
more caster ? or less wheel base ?

well first off if some of your steering parts are bent or broken then much of what you would do here might not be all that helpful you need to solve one problem before you tackle this one and odds are if you replace that tierod then you might solve or atleast help with this problem. Assuming that you took out factory arms make them the length of your factory arms and then go from there. If this problem showed up after you installed new longer than factory arms then shortening them should solve this problem.

Ben824 said:
well first off if some of your steering parts are bent or broken then much of what you would do here might not be all that helpful you need to solve one problem before you tackle this one and odds are if you replace that tierod then you might solve or atleast help with this problem. Assuming that you took out factory arms make them the length of your factory arms and then go from there. If this problem showed up after you installed new longer than factory arms then shortening them should solve this problem.

i had RE 4.5 superflex kit on. non adjustable CA's. (not stock)

top arm has about 3/4 of an inch of thread showing. Like someone above said, if you have bent parts youe wasting your time. Its going to throw you off.

Back