• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubbing

Well how about some more information... Like which rims you have and how much trimming you have or are willing to do. As well as if your friend makes random moronic statements frequently.

I have american racing 15x8 rims I haven't trimed anything yet but will if need be. And my friend knows what hes talking about most of the time.

How much backspacing on your rims? thats probably the biggest determining factor.

and which control arms are you running?

This should be in Modified Tech.

Back spacing is the distance between the inside wheel mounting flange and the inside rim. The less backspacing, the more the wheel will be off-set towards the outside of the vehicle. You need to take into account also the width of the rims you will be running. If you run a larger width rim than stock, you will need to decrease the backspacing to allow the same clearances on the inside you had with the stock rims.

For example, I run 10" wheels with 33X12.50X15" tires on my YJ. The backspacing was decreased to 3.5" to allow the same turning radius as the stock tire/rim combination.

Unfortunately that also meant that more tire stuck out and I had to replace my flairs.

Here is a link to Summit racing about backspacing.
http://support.summitracing.com/scripts/rightnow.cfg/php.exe/enduser/popup_adp.php?p_sid=FENeMeWi&p_lva=&p_li=&p_faqid=2555&p_created=1060100892&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD04MjMmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX2V4JnBfcGFnZT0x

Back